Q.:How is unit conversion for BTU, Watt and Ton, etc...?
Here are the unit conversion data below for your information:
1. 1 kcal/h = 1.163W,1 W = 0.8598 kcal/h;
2. 1 Btu/h = 0.2931W,1 W = 3.412 Btu/h;
3. 1 USRT = 3.517 kW,1 kW = 0.28434 USRT;
4. 1 kcal/h = 3.968 Btu/h,1 Btu/h = 0.252 kcal/h;
5. 1 USRT = 3024 kcal/h,10000 kcal/h = 3.3069 USRT;
Q.: Are geothermal systems practical for commercial applications?
A.: Yes. A geothermal system can easily be used to heat and cool a store, office, factory, school, barn, or any other business. They can also be used to produce ice for cold storage or skating rinks.
Q.: Compared with other products, what's the advantage of SPRSUN heat pumps?
a. High heating efficiency: the heating efficiency of heat pump is over 300%, while the furnace is lower than 100%.
b. Low cost: compared with the fuel or gas furnace, the heat pump can save 70% of the energy.
c. Environmental protection: there is no emission resulting from burning. The refrigerant for the heat pump is environmentally-friendly refrigerant such as R410A, R407C, R417A which will not destroy the ozonosphere.
d. Safety: the operation of the heat pump is safe and automatic.
e. OEM/ODM service: as owning R&D center and experienced engineers by ourselves, we can especially supply HVAC industry technical services and OEM/ODM item cooperate in the refrigeration line.
Q.: When in cold winter, can the heat pump unit work properly?
A.: Of course. Regarding our air source heat pump unit features intelligent auto-defrosting function, which ensure the heat pump to work in the low temperature by sensing the outdoor temperature, evaporator fin temperature and time of working automatically.
Q.: Can a heat pump also heat the domestic hot water?
A.: It certainly can, but whilst heating to the high temperatures required, the efficiency reduces. However, even low efficiencies are far better than an electric immersion heater. Most of the latest heat pump units have the hot water function built in, so it is usual to use this facility.
As the insulation levels in buildings increases, the room-heating demand drops, but the hot water demand is, if anything, increasing. It is therefore becoming more important to optimise the hot water facility. i.e. the size and design of the hot water cylinder is very important.
Q.: How much does it cost to run a Heat Pump?
A.: This depends on the amount of heating required. Heat pumps transfer heat from outside air and in this way produce three to four times more heat. Its efficiency is 300% to 400%. This means for 5kW of heating you pay for around 1.5kW of electric energy. Heat pump heating is roughly one quarter the cost of electric heating and about one third the cost of gas heating.
Q:What is the characteristics of Air Source Heat Pump Unit?
1. Air source heat pump unit belongs to medium-small units, suitable for buildings of 200-10000 square meters.
2. Air conditioning system enjoys all-in-one cooling and heating sources, suitable for users have simultaneous demands on heating and cooling, at the same time free from the need for boiler room.
3. Outdoor unit installation reduces the need for refrigeration room and saves the construction investments.
4. The primary energy ratio of air source heat pump unit is up to 90%, saving energy consumption, significantly reducing users' costs.
5. There is no need for cooling towers, cooling water pumps and piping, reducing investments in additional equipment.
6. There is no power consumption of cooling water system, no water loss, suitable for the water-deficient area.
Q: What is the Daily Maintenance for Heat Pump Water Heaters?
Heat pump water heaters are the automation devices, if conduct the daily maintenance when using, the working life and stability of the units will be guaranteed.
1. We should set the outlet water temperature according to the factory settings. The best energy saving water outlet temperature is 46-52℃。
2. The filters installed outside should be cleaned regularly to ensure the clear water quality inside the system and to prevent the breaking from the blocking.
3. All the protection devices have been set before delivery, personal adjustment is not allowed.
4. Check regularly if the connection between the power supply and the electric system is tight. If there is something wrong with the electric system, we should maintain and change it in time.
5. Don’t turn on/off the units by pulling the plug directly, and check the leakage protection at regular time.
6. Check if the water compensation, safety valves and air exhausting device are in normal condition to ensure the heating capacity and operation stability..
7. Check if there is leakage existed in water pipe connection.
8. Environment outside the units should be dry and clean, and cleaning the heat exchangers every 3-6 months to ensure the heat exchange efficiency.
9. Check every part of the units to ensure there is no gas leakage and no refrigerant leakage.
10. If power off the units for a long time, it’s better to discharge all the water and power off the units. Before restart the units, complete inspection is necessary.
11. If there is some noise from the units when restarting, check carefully to exclude the obstacle.
12. If there is something wrong with units and we can’t solve them by ourselves, it’s better to inform the after sales service of the factories.
Q: How does the Swimming Pool Heat Pump Work?
Heat pumps use a small amount of driven electricity to absorb heat and transport it from one place to another. Indeed, they couldn’t generate heat.
As swimming pool’s water circulated by the pool pump, the water get from the pool passes through a filter and pool heater. The pool heater has a fan that brings in the outside air and guides it over the evaporator coil. Liquid refrigerant within the evaporator coil absorbs the heat from the outside and then evaporate gas. The evaporated gas in the coil then flows through the compressor. The compressor pump to increase the heat, generate a very hot gas that then flows through the condenser. The condenser moves the heat from the hot gas to heat the cooler pool water circulating through the heater. The heated water then flow into the pool. The hot gas, as cross flows through the condenser coil, back to liquid form and return the evaporator, where the whole process begins again.
Higher efficiency heat pump pool heaters usually use scroll compressors versus the rotary compressors of standard composition.
Heat pump pool heaters work efficiently as long as the outside temperature remains above the 7.2℃–10℃ range. The cooler the outside air they bring in, the more energy they exhaust. However, since most people adopt outdoor swimming pools during summer or mild weather, this usually isn't an issue.